How to set up your email account in Outlook 2013 / 2016
1. Open Outlook and navigate to File -> then on the account information screen click on Add Account
2. On the Auto Account Setup screen select "Manual setup or additional server types" and click next.
3. On the choose service screen, select "POP or IMAP" and click next.
4. You should now be on the "POP and IMAP Settings" screen.
5. Fill in the details supplied in your welcome mailer to get started.
In general, you could choose POP3 or IMAP as the account type, we offer both solutions.
For the incoming and outgoing (SMTP) mail server use the entry: mail.mydomain.co.za
(NOTE: replace mydomain.co.za with your domain name).
6. In the Logon Information section, add the following:
User Name: email@example.com (your email address you created in your control panel)
Password: The password you created in your control panel.
Once you have all settings filled in, click on the "More Settings" button.
7. You should now be at the "Internet E-mail Settings" screen. Click on the "Outgoing Server" tab.
8. Under the "Outgoing Server" section, check the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" checkbox, and make sure "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" is selected.
9. Then Click "Ok". Then click the "Next" button on the "POP and IMAP Account Settings".
Outlook will now go through an email verification check, and if was entered correctly your email account will now be set up.
- How to set up your email account in Outlook 2013 / 2016 using secure settings (TLS or SSL) (Views: 423)
- How to set up your email account in Outlook 365 - Basic (Using Wizard) (Views: 177)
- How to log into your webmail? (SolidCP) (Views: 1208)
- How do I configure my Outlook email client to use SMTP authentication? (Views: 877)
- POP3 or IMAP? Which should I choose when setting up my email? (Views: 339)